Half lord of fish pose or seated yoga twist(Ardha Mateyendrasana)
Half lord of fish or seated yoga twist or ardha mateyendrasana is very interesting pose for beginners. This improves flexibility of spine and abdomen. This pose is very good for girls. The preparatory poses for half lord of fish are such as hero pose(virasana). Cobbler’s pose (baddha konasana)head to knee forward bend (janu sirsasana). Sage’s twist or seated twist (b) (Bhardwajasana), hand to big toe pose(supta padangusthasana).
- Sit in easy pose(sukhasana) or staff pose(dandasana) on mat. Bring your knees up while feet placed on floor in front of you.
- Then drop your left knee to the floor and tuck left floor under your right leg, resting it along side of your right buttock.
- Hold your left foot with right hand and cross it to right Leg. Try to place the foot on the floor, close to your right knee.
- Bend your right elbow and bring it around your left knee. Try to keep your elbow inside of your left knee for deep stretch.
- Now pull the knee towards your chest. Press your elbow against your knee and keep your hand straight from elbow, your fingers pointing up towards ceiling and palm towards left.
- Inhale and raise your left hand up, above your head. Exhale and bring it down around your back. Placing the palm on the floor, fingers facing back.
- Turn your face towards left shoulder and gaze Softly to the back wall and of Left shoulder.
- Press the hips down while inhalation and use your arms to deepen the twist while exhalation. Relax your shoulders down and keep chest open.
- Hold the pose for 5-8 breaths.
- To release the pose, inhale and lift your left hand up and turn your face in front along with left hand. Relax your right hand too. Bring your left leg back to its place. Come into easy pose and repeat the pose on another side.
- Repeat the pose at least 5 times om each side in the beginning.
- Half lord of fish pose is very helpful to tone the spine and abdomen. It opens, lengthen and nourishes the spine.
- This pose stimulates nervous, reproductive system.
- It Stretches knee, thighs, legs, arms, and entire torso.
- This pose bring flexibility to your body.
- It’s helpful in mensuration problem.
- It improves the digestive system and improves metabolism.
- If you have knee, hip or back injury, don’t try deepening stretch. If the injury is serious than don’t practice this pose.
- Pregnant women should consult the doctor.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page-Yog Kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id – [email protected]