Ardha Pawanmuktasana (Half Wind Relieving Pose) – Half wind relieving pose or Ardha Pawanmuktasana is beginner’s pose. The pose is very good for stomach disorders. Practice this pose for sure if you have acidity or gastric issues. The preparatory poses for half wind relieving pose are such as bridge pose (setu bandha sarvangasana) and fish pose (matsyasana).
Ardha Pawanmuktasana Steps :-
- Lie on your back on the mat. Keep your legs straight on the floor and hands at your sides.
- Bend your right leg.Exhale and draw your right leg to your chest. Inter-lock your fingers with each other and hold your right knee with it. Keep your left leg extended on the floor.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds or more. Inhale and extend your right leg to the floor.
- Now bend your left leg and draw your left leg to your chest and keep your right leg extended on the floor.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds or more. Inhale and extend your left lef to the floor.
- Relax and repeat the same for 8-10 times with each leg.
- To deepen the stretch, lift your head and touch your nose to the knee when you are in the full pose. This is much beneficial, but practice it only if you are comfortable.
Ardha Pawanmuktasana Benefits :-
- Half wind relieving pose is most useful for helping to release the unwanted and toxic gases from the digestive system.
- It improves the quality and efficiency of digestive system.
- It relieves indigestion, bloating, constipation, acidity and flatulence.
- This pose is therapeutic in menstrual disorders, impotence and sterility.
Ardha Pawanmuktasana Contradiction/ precautions :-
- If you have get done abdominal surgery or hernia problem, do not practice this pose.
- Pregnant women should not practice this pose.
- Those who has spinal injury or sciatica should not practice this pose.
- Do not deepen the stretch if you have injury in neck.
By Actress Priya Mohane
E-mail id – [email protected]