Standing half forward bend pose (Ardha uttanasana)
Standing half forward bend pose (Ardha uttanasana) is a beginner’s pose and it is a part of standing forward bend pose (uttanasana). The preparatory poses for this pose are same as for standing forward bend pose. This pose improves blood circulation.
- From standing forward bend pose (uttansana) press your palm or finger tip into the floor beside your feet. Inhale and straighten your elbows and arch your torso away from your thighs.
- Push your arms or fingertips down and back against the floor. And lift the top of your sternum up and forward. You can bend your knees slightly to get help in this movement, it will arch the back.
- Now look forward without compressing the back of your neck.
- Hold the arched-back position for few breaths (5-10 seconds).
- To release the pose exhale and come into the standing forward bend pose (uttanasna).
- Standing half forward bend pose stimulates the belly. And as you practice two poses together (one is uttanasana and another is ardha uttanasna).in this pose it helps in reducing belly fat.
- It stretches the front torso.
- It strengthen the back and improves posture.
- If you have neck injury, do not lift the head to look forward. Keep it neutral.
- Follow all the precautions which are mentioned in standing forward bend pose (uttanasana).
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog Kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id – [email protected]