Diamond pose or thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana)
Diamond pose is very easy but at the same time you need full concentration while practicing it. Well, lemme tell you best thing about Vajrasana is- it’s the only pose which you can practice after having your meal. But you can also practice it any time. And practicing this basic yoga is important to reach the intermediate and advanced level yogasanas. Because so many yoagsanas are intiated with diamond pose and makes your lower body flexible.
- Sit on the floor or on mat. If it’s hurting to your legs and bones, you can sit on mat.
- Gently come on your knees and keep your palm on the floor, near by or in front of your knees. And bring your knees together, with the support of your hands.
- Now slowly bring your hips on your heels. Keep your feet facing your back wall.
- Keep your spine straight, and your palm on your knees. Don’t stretch your hands. Be very comfortable.
- Hold the pose for 1-2 minutes in the beginning. It may cause pain in your legs and calf muscles, for that you can get back into dandasana and stretch your Legs for few seconds. Than try it again.
- Breath normally and keep your mind relax.
- Increase the time as per your concern. Practicing diamond pose daily will help in increase your time. It is best to practice for 5-10 minutes. You can also extend the time to 30 minutes .
- It is very good for digestive System. Practicing diamond pose will help in digestion.
- It also cures constipation problem And stomach disorders.
- It is also helpful in reducing weight, as it digest the food properly and stimulates metabolism.
- It reduces extra weight on hips.
- It circulates blood to all the parts of body.
- It also solves urinary problems and good for sexual organs.
- It tones the lower body parts including hips and legs and make them Flexible.
- It helps in relieving joint pain And it’s magical treatment for arthritis problem.
Contradiction/ Precautions :-
- Don’t practice it if you have knee pain or injured knee.
- Don’t practice it if you have spinal problem.
- Patients of hernia , intestine ulcer or any other problems of intestine should not practice vajrasana.
- Pregnant women should not practice it in last trimester of pregnancy. And during first two trimester pregnant women can keep their legs separated, so that it doesn’t put pressure on your stomach directly.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog Kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id- [email protected]