Extended triangle 🔺 pose (Utthita trikonasana)
Extended triangle pose or Utthita trikonasana is beginner’s pose. It is one of the very good triangle pose. The preparatory poses for extended triangle pose are such as mountain pose (tadasana), and tree pose (vraksasana).
- Stand in mountain pose (tadasana) with your hands on your side. Exhale and step or lightly jump 31/2 to 4 feet apart.
- Raise your arms parallel to the floor ans reach them out actively out to the sides, shoulder blades wide, palms down.
- Turn your right foot to the right 90 degree and also turn the left foot in to the right slightly. Align the right heel with the left heel. Firm your thigh and turn your right thigh outward, so that the right knee cap is in line with the center of the right ankle.
- Extend your right torso to the right directly over the plane of your right leg. Bending from the hip, not the waist.
- Strengthen your left leg by pressing the outer heel firmly to the floor.
- Rotate your torso to the left, keeping the two sides equally long.
- Now Let your left hip come slightly forward and lengthen the tailbone towards the back heel.
- Rest your right hand on your shin, ankle or floor outside your right foot. Stretch your left arm towards the ceiling, in line with the top of your shoulders.
- Keep your head neutral position or turn it to the left and gaze the left thumb softly.
- Stay in the pose for 5-10 seconds. And breath normally.
- To release the pose inhale and press your left heel strongly on the floor and come up.
- Now reverse to the other side and repeat the pose on other side.
- Extended triangle pose improves digestion and stimulates metabolism.
- It helps in relieving menopause symptoms.
- It stretches and strengthen the thighs, knees and ankles.
- It stretches the groins, hips, hamstrings, and calves, shoulder, chest and arms.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- This pose is helpful in relieving backaches, especially through second trimester of pregnancy.
- It is therapeutic for flat feet, anxiety, infertility, neck pain, osteoporosis, anxiety, and sciatica.
- It helps in relieving stress.
Contradiction/ Precautions :-
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, low blood pressure or headache, you should not practice this pose.
- If you have heart condition then practice it against a wall. Keep the top arm on the hip.
- If you have high blood pressure problem turn the head to gaze downward in the final pose.
- If you have neck problem: don’t turn your head to look upward.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page – Yog Kriya By Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id- [email protected]