🐠 Fish pose (Matsyasana) – level 1
The fish pose or matsyasana had different levels. This One is beginner’s level. The preparatory poses for this pose are cobbler’s pose (baddha konasana). Cobra pose (bhujangasana). Locust pose (salabhasana). Bridge pose (setu bandha sarvangasana). Reclining hero pose (supta virasana). Hero pose (virasana). Upward facing dog pose (urdhva mukh svanasana)
- Lie on your back on the mat. Let your arms resting alongside your body. Lift your pelvis slightly off the floor and slide your hands, palms down, below your buttocks. Now rest your buttocks rest on the back of your hands. Do not lift your buttocks while performing this pose. Ensure that your forearms and elbows up close to the sides of your torso.
- With inhalation Press your forearms elbows firmly against the floor. Now press your scapulas into your back. Inhale and lift your upper torso and head away from the floor. Slowly Release your head back onto the floor. Keep the arch of your back high and lift your chest.
- To avoid crunching in your neck, keep minimal amount of weight on your head.
- Keep your thighs active and press out through the heels.
- You can keep your legs straight or bend your knees, with your feet place on floor and knees pointing towards the ceiling.
- Stay in the pose for 10-15 seconds. Breathe normally.
- To release the pose exhale and lower your torso and head. Draw your thighs up into your belly and squeeze.
- According to the tradition the fish pose is “destroyer of all diseases”.
- It stretches the deep hip flexor and muscles between the ribs.
- It stretches and stimulates the organs of the abdomen and throat.
- It stretches and stimulates the muscles of belly and front of neck.
- It improves the posture.
- It strengthen the muscles of the upper back and back of the neck.
- It is therapeutic in constipation, anxiety, fatigue ,menstrual pain, mild backache and respiratory alignments.
Contradiction /Precautions :-
- If you have serious back or neck injury do not practice this pose.
- If you have high or low blood pressure problem, avoid practicing this pose.
- If you have migraine or insomnia problem, avoid practicing this pose.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page – “Yog Kriya By Priya”
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id – [email protected]