🌙 Half moon pose (Ardha-chandrasana)
Half moon pose or ardha chandrasana is a beginner’s pose. The preparatory poses for half moon pose are such as cobbler’s pose (baddha konasana).wide legged forward bend( Prasarita padottanasa) . Reclining bound angle pose (Supta baddha konasana). Reclining hand-to-big-toe-pose (supta padongusthasana).standing forward bend pose(uttanasana). Extended Utthita trikonasna (utthita trikonasana).Intense side stretch pose(utthita parsovattasna). Extended side angle pose (utthita parsvakonasana).Hero pose (virasana), tree pose (vrakasana)
- Come into” Extended triangle pose” (Utthita trikonasana). on right side, with your left hand resting on left hip.
- Now inhale and bend your right knee, and slide your left foot about 6 to 12 inches forward along the floor. At the same time reach your right hand forward, beyond the little – toe side of the right foot, at least 12 inches.
- Exhale and press your right hand and right heel into the floor and straighten right leg. Along with it lift your left leg parallel to the floor. To keep the raised leg strong, extend through the left heel actively.
- Turn your upper torso to the left and keep the left hip moving slightly forward.
- Bring your left hand up, perpendicular to the torso, fingertips pointing towards the ceiling . Turn your head towards the ceiling, and gaze your thumb softly.
- Keep your weight mostly on your right leg and press your right hand on the floor lightly to maintain balance.
- Stay in the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- To release the pose exhale and lower your left leg on the floor and get back into the extended triangle pose.
- Now repeat the same on left side.
- Half moon pose stretches the groins, hamstrings, calves, chest, spine and shoulders.
- This pose strengthens the ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It improves digestion.
- It also improves sense of balance and coordination.
- It is therapeutic in sciatica, osteoporosis, fatigue, backache, anxiety, constipation, gastritis, indigestion and menstrual pain.
Contradiction / Precautions :-
- Those who have migraine or headache problem should avoid practicing this pose.
- Patient of low blood pressure should also avoid practicing this pose.
- If you have diarrhea or insomnia should also not practice this pose.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page – Yog Kriya By Priya
Instagram – being_a_pose
E-mail id – [email protected]