Ananda Balasana (Happy baby pose) – Happy baby pose or Ananda balasana is a beginner’s Pose. It stretches the lower body and arms. The preparatory poses for happy baby pose are such as hero pose (virasana) and child’s pose (balasana).
Ananda balasana (Happy baby pose) Steps :
- Lie on your back on the mat. Keep your hands at your sides.
- Exhale and bend you knees to your belly.
- Inhale and hold the outside of your feet with your hands. If you are not able to hold your feet directly with your hands, you can loop a belt or strap over each sole.
- Now open your knees slightly wider than your torso, then bring them up towards your armpits.
- Keep your ankles directly above your knees.
- Your shin should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Flex through the heels and push your feet softly up into your hands or belt,as you pull your hands down to create a resistance.
- Stay in the pose for 5-10 seconds.
- To release the pose left your feet and bring your legs down to the floor.
Ananda balasana (Happy baby pose) Benefits :
- This pose helps in relieving stress and fatigue and calms the brain.
- The pose stretches inner groins and the back spine.
Contradiction / Precautions For Ananda balasana (Happy baby pose)
- If you have knee injury don’t practice this pose.
- Pregnant women should not practice this pose.
- If you have neck injury, Keep a folded blanket under your head.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog Kriya by Priya