How to Setup Movie Production House in India: There are various movie production houses are running successfully and the industry is growing day by day but Setting up a movie production is not an easy task because you have to go through a process for obtaining various licenses from the government which is important for a movie production house in India. Without legal registration, a person cannot start his movie production house or a movie production company. If you are thinking of starting a movie production house in India then you have to comply with the rules and regulation of the government and have to register your business under-recognized authorities.
This article talks about the legal registration which is required for a movie production house in India so you will get an idea about the required legal registrations. If you are thinking of starting a movie production house then you should apply for below given legal registration so in future you don’t have to face any legal problem regarding these registrations. You should also apply for GST registration because GST return filing is important so you should apply for this.
How to Setup Movie Production House in India
- Research –Research is important for every business and you should conduct market research before starting a movie production house because after conducting a research, you will know many things like profit generation, registration process, required legal registration, competitors and many things.
- Business Plan – After conducting research, you have to make a business model and business plan for setting up a production house, and you have to choose a unique name for your production house and you have to decide what type of movies you want to make in future so you can choose a name according to themes of your movies.
- Legal Registration- You have to start your production house legally for which you have to choose a business type for your production for e.g. you can create your own company or you can also create Limited Liability Partnership Firm. You should also apply for copyright and trademark for the production house name so it will be secure under the intellectual property laws.
- Basic Staff- Basic staff is required for your production house so you have to hire basic staff for your production house company and you also have to hire writers, directors, musician for movie making.
- Buy Equipment’s- You have to buy equipment for movie making, or you can get on rent. Camera, lights, and other equipment will be needed so you have to arrange that equipment for your movie production house, and you have to set up an office for your movie production house so employees can work there and you can meet up people there. After the establishment of the office, you can start promoting. Promotion is very important in the film industry so you should promote your production house.
- Company Registration-If you want to establish a movie production house as a company then company registration is required under Ministry of corporate affairs. After company registration you will get many benefits like a company never die, the company can sue or can be sued, the company is a separate legal entity and it can buy assets or sell them. If you want to register your production house as a private limited company then you have to register your business under Ministry of corporate affairs for which you have to visit the official website of Ministry of corporate affairs.
- Shop Act License- Shop act license is an important license for establishment of an office in the local area, you cannot start your movie production house without obtaining permission from local authorities so you have to obtain shop act license from the local authority. If you want to establish an office in Mumbai then you have to obtain Gumasta license from Municipality and you can apply for this through an online procedure for which you have to visit the official website of Maharashtra Municipality.
- Udyog Aadhar- Udyog Aadhar is an important registration because after obtaining this your business will be benefited under various government schemes and after obtaining this your production house will be able to obtain subsidy schemes. So you should apply for Udyog Aadhar.
- Trademark & Copyright- Trademark and copyright registration is most important legal registration which is required in the film industry because you never know when your content can be copied by someone else so you should apply for trademark & copyright registration and you should also obtain a trademark on your logo so no one can copy that.
As you can see in the above-given article that setting up a movie production house is not easy and you have to make a proper business plan before starting this because without making a business plan it will be tough to start production house.