Frog pose (mandukasana)
- Come into the table pose. From table pose walk the knees out to the sides as wide as comfortable.
- Bring ankles behind the knees directly, with the feet turned out towards the side walls.
- Bring your elbows and forarms on to the floor, in front of you. You can also keep your palms directly on floor rather than your elbows.
- Keep your palm flat on the floor.
- Exhale while pressing the hips backward to the back walls.
- Feel deep stretch in your the hips and inner thighs.
- Breath and hold for 3-5 breaths.
- To release the pose roll your hips forward and bring the palm under your shoulder and press back gently to the table pose.
- You can also stretch your arms forward and lower hips and can bring whole body flat on the floor.
- It open and stretch the hips, groin and insideof thighs.
- It helps in improving posture.
- It stimulates the digestive system.
- It improves blood circulation in hips and thighs.
Contradiction / Precautions :-
- If you have injury in knee, hip or leg, don’t practice this pose.
- Thosw who have problem in lower back should not practice this pose.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page – yog kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul