Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose) – Wind relieving pose or pavanmuktasana is a beginner’s pose. It is very easy to perform. Be sure to practice this pose on empty stomach. The preparatory poses for wind relieving pose is half wind relieving pose (ardha pawanmuktasana).
Pawanmuktasana Steps :-
- Lie on your back on the mat. Keep your legs straight and your hands at your sides.
- Now bend your both the knees together. Exhale and bring them into your chest, Wrap the arms around your knees holding the opposite Elbows, Fingers, forearms or wrist.
- Keep your head on the floor, and tuck the chin in to the chest.
- Press the sacrum and tailbone down into the floor as you pull your Knees into the chest, using your arms.
- Your shoulder and back of the neck should be pressed in the floor. Keep your whole spine and back flat on the floor. Relax your legs, feet and hips.
- Now, for deepening the pose exhale and lift your upper body and try to touch your nose in between of your both the knees.(where both the knees are touched together).
- Breath deeply into the belly, actively pressing it against the thighs on inhalation.Try to hold the pose for 30-45 seconds.
- To release the pose inhale and gently bring your head back on the floor, release and extend your both the legs on the floor. Relax and repeat the same for 5 times.
Ardha Pawanmuktasana (Half Wind Relieving Pose) Steps, Benefits & Precautions
Pawanmuktasana Benefits :-
- Wind relieving pose improves digestive system.
- It stretches the low back and legs.
- It lengthen the spine.
- It is helpful in getting rid of acidity and gastric problems.
Pawanmuktasana Contradiction /Precautions :-
- If you have get done any recent surgery do not practice this pose.
- Patient of hernia should also not practice this pose.
- Those who have problem in neck, should not deepen the pose.
By Actress Priya Mohane
E-mail id – [email protected]