Mountain pose (tadasana)
Mountain pose or tadasana is a basic yoga pose. It’s a beginner pose, which can be performed after practicing thunderbolt pose (vajrasana),cat-cow pose and hero pose (virasana),as it bring flexibility in lower and upper body. Again it’s an important pose. This pose is good for girls, and also helpful in increasing height and maintaining weight. Let’s go through the steps and benefits of the pose.
- Stand straight with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Breath normally and put your weight evenly across the balls and arches of your feet.
- Lift and spread the toes and the balls of your feet, and lower it gently on the ground.
- Firm your thigh muscles and lift your knee caps without tensing your abdominal muscles, and then lift your inner ankles to strengthen the inner arches.
- Imagine energy line from lower to upper body.
- Now turn your upper thighs slightly inward. Lengthen your tailbone towards the floor and lift your pubis toward your navel.
- Bring your hands in front of you, and lock the fingers outward.
- Then inhale and lift your upper sternum, without bringing your lower front ribs forward and lift your toes and spread them, put your weight on your toes and balls of both the feet evenly, along with your hands stretched up towards the ceiling.
- Stretch your body upward and hold the pose for 5-8 breaths.
- Exhale and bring your hands down, along with your body. Release the pose. Relax for few seconds and repeat it at least 3-5 times in the beginning.
- Mountain pose brings flexibility to the body.
- It improves the posture and balance.
- This is best yoga for increasing hight.
- It reduces anxiety.
- Strengthen thighs, ankles,legs, arms and knees.
- steadies breathing.
- It bring firmness to abdomen and buttocks.
- It helps in regulating mensuration cycle of girls.
Contradiction /Precautions :-
- Don’t practice this pose during pregnancy.
- If you have insomnia, low blood pressure or headache problem, don’t practice this pose.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog kriya By Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id- [email protected]