🔺 Triangle pose (trikonasana)
Triangle pose or trikonasana is an intermediate yoga pose. It’s preparatory yoga poses are tree pose (vrakshasana). Mountain pose (tadasana) and konasana.
- Stand straight and extend your legs to your sides, wide apart (about 3-4 feet).
- Turn your right foot out in 90 degrees towards your right and your left foot in 15 degrees towards right side.
- Make sure your weight is balanced equally on both the feet and your feet are pressing the ground.
- Bring your hands up to your sides.
- Inhale and while you exhale bend your body to your right downward from the hips. Keep your waist straight and allow your right hand comes down towards the floor while your left hand comes up in the air. Be sure that your both arms are in a straight line.
- Let your right hand on shin, leg, ankle or ground, outside your right foot. Don’t imbalance your waist. Stretch your left arm equally towards ceiling.
- Keep your head in a neutral position or turn it to the left. Gaze your left palm softly.
- Ensure that your body is bent to sideways not backward or forward.
- Your pelvis and chest should be wide open.
- Stretch according to your body limit. And breath deeply.
- To release the pose inhale and come up, bring your arms down to your sides and straighten your feet.
- Now relax and repeat the same on left side.
- It strength the arms, legs, knees, chest and ankles.
- It helps in increasing mental and physical equilibrium.
- It stretches and opens shoulders, chest, hips, groin, hamstrings, calves and spine.
- It is helpful in improving digestion.
- It calms the mind and reduces anxiety, stress, back pain and sciatica.
Contradiction / Precautions :-
- You should not practice this pose if you are suffering problem low or high blood pressure problem, migraine, diarrhea, neck or back injury.
- Pregnant ladies should consult the doctor before practicing it.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page – Yog kriya By Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id- [email protected]