Standing forward bend pose (Uttanasana)
Standing forward bend pose or uttanasna is an intermediate pose. It’s an standing pose. It improves memory by the flowing blood to the brain, because when you bend down with the deep stretch, your blood flows to Your upper body and head. It also stimulates hair growth and make your skin glow, if practice regularly. This pose is very good for girls, as it helps in reducing waist fat also. It regulates oxygen to the body.
- Stand straight,while keeping small distance between your feet. Your shoulders and feet should be parallel.
- Press your feet on the ground. And ground yourself powerfully.
- Now breath out and bend down from your hips (not the waist) and place your chest and stomach on your thighs.
- If you are facing problem in placing your stomach and chest to thighs, you can slightly bend your knees slightly.
- Now try to straighten your knees, without moving your stomach and chest.
- Now elevate your hips as you straighten through your hamstring muscles, while pressing your heels on the ground.
- After stabilizing yourself, cross your forearms and grab your elbows and hang your hand down.
- Try to touch the palm on the ground or hold your heels from behind.
- Hold the pose for 15-30 seconds in the beginning.
- Breath normally. And try to deepen the stretch on each inhalation and exhalation. And try to go deeper into the stretch.
- To release the pose bring your hands to your hips with a deep inhalation. Extend your back and come back to the initial position.
- This pose make hips flexible.
- It gives strength to knees and spine.
- It maintains function of liver and kidneys.
- It improves the blood circulation of body.
- It stretches the leg muscles like calves and hamstrings.
- It tones and activate the abdominal muscles.
- It helps in cellular growth.
- If you have back pain problem or injury in back, than you should do it with bent knees.
- If you have got recently surgery of back, knee or hamstrings, then don’t do it.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog kriya By Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id- [email protected]