Hero pose (virasana)
- Start by kneeling on the floor. Now put your palm on the floor in front of your knees and open your legs outside from knee, placing them just to side of your hips.
- You may keep your knees together or separated. Just be ensure that your thighs are parallel to each other.
- Point your feet backward. Don’t turn your feet in or out.
- Sit between your feet and slowly lower your hips on the floor.
- Bring your hands on your thighs. Sit straight and breath normally.
- Relax your shoulders and down away from your ears And breath deeply.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. You can extend it to 5 minutes after maintaining flexibility by regular practice.
- For releasing the pose, bring your palm on the floor and press gently and lift your buttocks and stick your legs out in front of you, and move into comfortable position.
- Just like diamond pose, hero pose also increase flexibility in your lower body.
- Hero pose also helps in lengthening the feet, thighs and calves.
- It reduces the tightness of legs and lower body.
- It improves muscles soreness after exercise.
- It helps in improving posture.
Contractions / precautions :-
- If you have recent or chronic knee or ankle injury, don’t practice hero pose.
- If you have heart problem,you should not practice it.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page-yog kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id – [email protected]