Tree pose (Vrakshasana)
Tree pose or vrakshasana is a basic pose. The preparatory pose for tree pose are such as mountain pose, warrior 2, triangle pose.
- Stand straight and come into mountain pose (tadasana).
- Now shift your weight slightly on your left foot. Keep the sole of your foot firm against the floor.
- Now bend your right knee and bring your right hand to your right foot and hold your ankle.
- Draw your right feet up, and press the sole against your inner left thigh. Try to press your right heel into your inner left thigh,just below your groin with your toes pointing towards the floor.
- Ensure that your pelvis is neutral.
- Lengthen your tailbone towards the floor.
- Firmly press your right foot sole against your inner left thigh, and resist your left leg.
- Bring your hands in front of you and press your palm with each other gently. Your elbows should be pointing outward. It is prayer pose. Now inhale and lift your joint palms up towards the ceiling.
- Breath normally and gaze softly at a point. Stay in the pose for 5-10 breaths.
- Exhale and release the pose, by bringing your hands down and then with the help of your hand, bring your right leg down.
- Relax and breath deeply for few seconds to increase your stamina.
- Repeat the same process with left leg too.
- Practice this pose 5 times with each leg.
- It calms down the mind and improve concentration power.
- It is very helpful in stretching and making flexible to arms, legs, thighs and back.
- It helps in getting rid of sciatica problem.
- It make legs strong and improve balancing.
Contradiction/ Precautions :-
- Those who are suffering from low or high blood pressure, migraine or insomnia should not practice this pose.
- Pregnant women should consult doctor before practicing this pose.
- If you are not able to balance properly, you can keep your hands down either on your stomach or on your waist or just in front of your chest in prayer pose,while performing tree pose.
Actress Priya Mohane
Facebook page- Yog Kriya by Priya
Instagram – being_a_soul
E-mail id – [email protected]